Connect with The Tea Party!
Have you seen this, Matt? This is a grassroots movement that should become a petition soon. The only problem is we in CA don't have any bold conservative federal legislator to sponsor it for us. Here it is:
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. Term Limits shall comprise of 12 years only. A. Two six-year Senate terms; B. Six two-year House terms; or C. One six-year Senate term and Three two-year House terms.
2. No Tenure/No Pension. A congressman/woman shall collect his/her salary while in office and receive no pay when out of office.
3. Congress, past, present & future, shall participate in Social Security. A. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund shall move immediately to the Social Security system; B. All future Congressional funds flow into the Social Security system; and C. Congress participates with the American people.
4. Just as all Americans, Congressmen/women shall purchase their own retirement plan.
5. Congress will no longer vote itself a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress shall forfeit its current health care systrem and participate in the same health care available to the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide with all laws imposed upon the American people.
8. All contracts between past and present Congressmen/women are void effective at this bill signing.
"There is a time for all things, a time to preach and a time to pray, but those times have passed away. There is a time to fight, and that time has now come." -- Peter Muhlenberg, a Lutheran sermon read at Woodstock, VA, 1776
We shall know them by what they do, not what they say. The TeaParty is watching!